- Peck Center
- Kayak and Boat Storage Permits
Kayak and Boat Storage Permits
Barrington Recreation offers the opportunity for residents to obtain a kayak, paddleboard, and/or boat storage permit at Walker Farm or Town Beach via a lottery system.
The drawing was successfully held in-person on Thursday, March 23rd, at the Peck Center for Adult Enrichment, and the winners will be notified by email with further instructions on obtaining the permit. Payment will only be collected if you win a spot.
These results are the raw data from the random drawings. The results will be audited and the entries with duplicates will be notified to choose one site for their watercraft. Then we will update these results to fill any openings with those on the waitlist in order of drawing as noted in the raw data.
To view drawing results, please click here.
Storage of Small Watercraft
- Storage space cannot be reserved specifically for the kayak racks
- Walker Farm: Kayaks, paddleboards, and canoes only. No Boats.
Barrington Beach (West): Kayaks, paddleboards, canoes and small boats
- One registration is allowed for each category below for a given Barrington address.
- Each kayak (canoe and paddleboard) registration allows for up to 2 kayaks, canoes or paddleboards, in any combination, to be entered in the drawing.
- Registrations will be audited prior to the drawing. Duplicate addresses will be disqualified.
All watercraft stickers will be mailed to residents. Pickup is NOT permitted.
Stickers must be affixed to the watercraft in a visible location that won't be submerged during use.
- The small watercraft storage season at both the Barrington Beach and Walker Farm begins on May 1st and ends on November 30th.
- Any watercraft left on the beach or at Walker Farm after November 30th will be removed and subject to a retrieval fee and/or auction.
- Watercraft stored on Barrington Beach must be stored on the West End behind the boat storage sign. Boats must be stored with the mast down.
- All boats and kayaks must be off the sea grass per RI State Law.
- Watercraft stored at both Barrington Beach and Walker Farm may be chained and locked to the wooden rack or to the wooden rail for safe storage.
- Town of Barrington or its Agents assume no responsibility nor liability for craft or use of this permit.