The Conservation Commission provides recommendation on Development Plan Review applications submitted to the Planning Board involving projects within the Nayatt wellhead recharge area and special flood hazard areas. The Commission also functions as the Tree Commission.
The Conservation Commission, in its capacity as Tree Commission, assists the Tree Warden in the following areas:
- Regulating and enacting the maintenance, removal and planting of trees within the public rights-of-way to ensure public safety.
- Preserving the aesthetics of the public right-of-way with regard to trees.
- Protecting the value and health of Barrington trees as a whole.
- Making recommendations for the regulation of the cultivation, planting, maintenance, and preservation of trees and all forestry functions, including the planting, care, and removal of trees within the jurisdiction of the Town of Barrington.
The Tree Commission also communicates and works with civic and public interest groups concerned with tree care, management, preservation and planting.
Meeting agendas and minutes can be found on the Secretary of State’s website.
- Douglas W. Materne, Chair
- Ted Myatt, Chair
- Joseph W. Roberts, Secretary
- Jorie Allen, Full Member
- David Boyes, Full Member
- Richard McBride, Full Member
- Eileen M. Small, Full Member
- Annelise Conway, Town Council Liaison